4/1/08

HATS OFF TO TONYA SHOOK AND THE BORDER QUEEN BOOK FESTIVAL

Let me tell you about....a great first-ever event for southwest Oklahoma! The charming town of Commanche hosted the event with around 40 authors registered to attend. Authors from Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, and elsewhere showed up as well! There was great local coverage of the event in the town newspaper. There were authors and storytellers there because the two juat make such a natural team! Authors have to talk about stories and storytellers often turn authors as they share their tales. The welcome was warm, the people friendly and the area quite interesting. I understand plans are in the works for another one next year and we can all look forward to a great welcome and eager visitors supporting reading and books and authors in SW Oklahoma.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I just wanted to let you know that I've gotten a lot of information for promoting my own upcoming book from your blog. Thanks for sharing!